Walliams Home Learning
English / Guided Reading
- Using the spelling sentences attached, complete your spelling test.
- Read your book to an adult, how does you character feel? What told you that?
- Remember, adjectives are words that describe a noun. How many adjectives can you find in your book?
1. 189 - 1 =
2. 189 - 10 =
3. 189 - 100 =
4. 189 + 1 =
5. 189 + 10 =
6. 189 + 100 =
- Watch the video on https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/week-2/ titled "number line to 1,000".
- Complete this worksheet.
- Read through the teaching slides.
- On the worksheet, draw and label what you think each circuit would need to work.
English - We are going to create an advertisement for Wormly Hall
What is an advertisement? - Something that persuades you to get something or go somewhere.
- Make a note of the different things that happen to the children at Wormly Hall.
- e.g. They eat cockroaches for breakfast.
- Look back at your notes and try to make them sound appealing (e.g. instead of saying they eat cockroaches for breakfast, you could say they have tasty and nutritious snacks at the start of the day). Think about how you can make Wormly Hall sound like a place you would want to go to!
1. 2 x 3 =
2. 20 x 3 =
3. 200 x 3 =
4. 2 x 30 =
5. 2 x 300 =
- Explain my mistakes! I have made some mistakes with my number line work from yesterday. Figure out what they are and explain what I have done wrong.
- Warm up using this video.
- Cross Country Practice - run 4 laps around your garden / yard and time yourself. How long did it take you?
Spellings for the week (to be tested 14.9.20):