Welcome to our Coxhoe Family Reception 2023!
Come and join our Coxhoe Primary School family!
Is your child due to start school in September 2023?
Take a look through our transition page to see what we can offer.
Please find out EYFS brochure here.
Take a look around our Early Years environment where children immerse themselves in learning through their play. Children can access a wide range of areas including role play, sand, water, construction, arts and crafts, malleable, reading and maths.
What do our children say?
- "My teachers help me to learn new things?"
- "I like to do activities outside the best!"
- "I came to school by myself and now I have so many friends!"
- "I love making things and putting them on the wall for my friends to see."
- "My grown ups help me when I am sad. Like when I have fallen over and scraped my knee."
- "My favourite part of Reception was when we went to the farm. I went on a tractor ride!"
- "I loved it when Jack delivered the enormous egg for us and we had to take care of it so that the giant didn't take it back to the castle!"
- "The farm was my favourite because I got to see a donkey!"
Please find useful information below:
Please ensure all parts of school uniform are clearly labelled at all times.
Uniforms can be purchased from Emblematic Ltd. Please access site https://studentuniform.co.uk/cox087 for further details. Samples are available to look at in the school office if you wish to try on for size.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form for a hardship grant for up to £50.
- Navy/grey/black skirt, trousers or shorts
- White/pale blue shirt/blouse/polo shirt
- Pale blue/navy school dress
- Navy blue round neck/v neck sweater or cardigan (school logo is optional)
- Book bag
- Black school shoes/ all black trainers
- Plain black shorts
- Plain black long jogging bottoms/leggings
- Coxhoe PE T-shirt
- Coxhoe PE hoodie
- Children attend school in their PE kit on their identified PE day.
- Water Bottles - School water bottles can be purchased from the School Office at a small cost.
- Bags - School book bags will be provided for Reception children by school in the Autumn Term. If lost or damaged replacements can be purchased at a small cost.
Jewellery, hair and makeup
Pupils are not allowed to wear jewellery, including ear-rings, at school due to the risk of accident and injury. If anyone wears ear-rings, for religious reasons only, these must be removed for P.E. and playtimes by the children themselves. In the case of newly pierced ears, these can be worn for 6 weeks but must be covered. If children are to have ears pierced we would advise doing this during the long summer holiday.
Please support school in promoting a smart appearance - no extreme hairstyles or colour will be permitted.
The school encourages open communication between home and school and issues regular newsletters to parents detailing events and particulars concerning school. We use the School Gateway app to share a wide range of information- from monthly newsletters, letters, news and notices. The App is how payments are made for dinner money, trips etc. Our app is free from your phone’s App Store under 'School Gateway'
Unfortunately you can not set up on the app until forms are completed as we require information to set up the account. Once this is all set up we will contact you to download the app via email. If you would like to have a look at the website please use this link Schoolcomms | The Parent App for Outstanding Schools
Whilst your child is in Reception, you will also receive a weekly letter in your child's planner. This will include everything that we have been up to as well as any important information and things that you can be doing at home to support your child.
We also use the online platform 'Tapestry' to involve you in all of the fun that we have. Your child's class teachers will explain this in more detail in the Autumn Term.