School is now partially closed due to the current National Lockdown restrictions. It is open to vulnerable children and children whose parents are critical workers only.
We are continuing to support everyone in our school family and we are fiercely proud of the way our Coxhoe team pulls together when facing challenges like this. Staff are working together to explore creative ways to keep our school family together whilst apart and striving to maintain our high standards of teaching and learning during these unprecedented times. We would also like to say a huge thank to our parents who are supporting their children so well at home. Engagement in home learning is amazing and our children continue to show what superstars they all are!
Parent Information Leaflet for full reopening in September 2020
As the Head Teacher and on behalf of our governors, our staff and most importantly, our children, I am very proud to welcome you to Coxhoe Primary School and share our Vision Statement including our values, ethos and curriculum intent.
Believe & Achieve is our school motto.
We aim to offer our children engaging and enriching opportunities to allow them to develop the knowledge, skills and resilience they need to achieve in our ever changing and culturally diverse world.
We are a growing school family with a shared drive and determination to ensure all of our children reach their full potential across all aspects of our broad, balanced and bespoke Coxhoe curriculum. Staff and governors believe that it is a privilege to guide your children through their Primary School journey and are passionate about their important role.
Our school community is based upon positive relationships that are underpinned by mutual respect. Smiles and laughter are a key part of each and every day: happy children make fantastic learners. We have high expectations in all aspects of school life; visitors often comment on the high standards of behaviour, the warm welcome they receive and the enjoyment in school life.
The community supporting Coxhoe Primary School is one of its many strengths and we value it hugely. The support we have from parents is second to none and we encourage honest and open dialogue; if you have queries or concerns about any aspects of school life, please make sure that you come and talk to us. Likewise – when you are particularly happy with something at school – it’s also lovely to hear about that too! Our children are at the heart of everything we do and every decision made.
As a parent of two teenage daughters, I am well aware of the challenges that today’s society places on our children. In this climate, it is even more important to help our children become resilient and prepared for those challenges – through their experiences here in our school family. We will therefore endeavour to ensure that your children leave Coxhoe Primary School having had fun, done their best and feeling proud of their achievements; this will allow them to be ready to face the next challenges, not only in their education, but also in their life.
Schools Aims & Curriculum Intent:
- create a school ethos that is based firmly on mutual respect, trust and tolerance
- provide enriching and enjoyable opportunities for all children to reach their potential and develop key life skills within a supportive, nurturing and welcoming environment
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is tailored to the needs of the children in our community
- provide opportunities to learn in a wide range of contexts and settings, making the most our community and the wider world
- enable our children to have the confidence to be inquisitive young people and ignite a lifelong love of learning
- celebrate children’s achievements in all aspects of their lives
- foster a can do attitude where children are keen problem solvers and willing to take risks
- celebrate diversity in all aspects of life, promoting inclusivity in all that we do
- encourage caring and thoughtful attitudes
- nurture confidence, resilience and independence
- empower pupils to make informed decisions and choices
- provide a broad range of opportunities to promote a healthy lifestyle that considers and supports physical and mental well being
- ensure children are safe internet users in our every growing digital world
- encourage children to become responsible citizens in their immediate and wider community
Welcome from our Head Pupils
We are the Head Pupils of Coxhoe Primary School.
At this amazing school, we value the importance of our positive relationships that are based on mutual respect. Another important reason why Coxhoe Primary School is the best, is that it is welcoming and inspiring for all. We also have amazing staff - they always make us laugh and we know that when we are happy we learn best. In addition, the staff are trustworthy and reliable and we always know that we are safe. We often go on outstanding school trips to different places.
Some of the things that we think make Coxhoe School amazing:
- Art days
- Castle Team challenges
- School trips
- Sporting events
We hope that you find our welcome helpful - Tia, Jack, Alesha and Leo.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Martin Bailey in school- Safer internet workshops10Feb2021
12:00 am - 1:00 am