We are able to offer childcare for children if you are a key worker and have no other possible childcare. This must be booked in advance.
Coxhoe Home Learning Support
In these extremely challenging circumstances, we are aware that our families are working together to ensure that our children continue to consolidate their learning at home. Thank you!
Children were provided with a tailored home learning pack full of activities to get them all started and logins for key online resources. Included in this, was the curriculum for week 1 - a grid full of challenges to support learning across a broad range of subjects. This is also available to view on your child's class page.
Each class page will be updated at least weekly, providing a new challenge grid, their weekly spellings and further ideas to cover all aspects of the curriculum.
We have also created a shared mailbox so that parents can communicate with teachers if they have any queries about how best to support their children. Remember, no question is a silly one. We cannot be experts in everything. Details of this have been sent out on the school App.
In addition to this individualised support for each class, we have created a new section - our home learning hub - to provide top tips for parents, some online links and general ideas for support. You can find it in the dropdown: 'Our Classes and School Life'. if you have found anything that has been really helpful at home, please free free to share it with us through the email, so that we can share it with all of our school family.
We all know that some continued learning is important for all of our children whilst they are currently unable to attend school. However, it is a very uncertain time for us all and as adults, we feel worried and concerned about the challenges that we are facing. Our children will undoubtedly also have some worries too. - their worlds have been turned upside down. The most important thing we can do is spend some time with them - cook, bake, play games, joke, dig, share a story. We will be looking forward to hearing all about the family time you have had when they return to school; perhaps pop some pictures in their home reading book or share them with us using the dedicated mailboxes for home learning or tagging us in a tweet.
As the Head Teacher and on behalf of our governors, our staff and most importantly, our children, I am very proud to welcome you to Coxhoe Primary School and share our Vision Statement including our values, ethos and curriculum intent.
Believe & Achieve is our school motto.
We aim to offer our children engaging and enriching opportunities to allow them to develop the knowledge, skills and resilience they need to achieve in our ever changing and culturally diverse world.
We are a growing school family with a shared drive and determination to ensure all of our children reach their full potential across all aspects of our broad, balanced and bespoke Coxhoe curriculum. Staff and governors believe that it is a privilege to guide your children through their Primary School journey and are passionate about their important role.
Our school community is based upon positive relationships that are underpinned by mutual respect. Smiles and laughter are a key part of each and every day: happy children make fantastic learners. We have high expectations in all aspects of school life; visitors often comment on the high standards of behaviour, the warm welcome they receive and the enjoyment in school life.
The community supporting Coxhoe Primary School is one of its many strengths and we value it hugely. The support we have from parents is second to none and we encourage honest and open dialogue; if you have queries or concerns about any aspects of school life, please make sure that you come and talk to us. Likewise – when you are particularly happy with something at school – it’s also lovely to hear about that too! Our children are at the heart of everything we do and every decision made.
As a parent of two teenage daughters, I am well aware of the challenges that today’s society places on our children. In this climate, it is even more important to help our children become resilient and prepared for those challenges – through their experiences here in our school family. We will therefore endeavour to ensure that your children leave Coxhoe Primary School having had fun, done their best and feeling proud of their achievements; this will allow them to be ready to face the next challenges, not only in their education, but also in their life.
Schools Aims & Curriculum Intent:
- create a school ethos that is based firmly on mutual respect, trust and tolerance
- provide enriching and enjoyable opportunities for all children to reach their potential and develop key life skills within a supportive, nurturing and welcoming environment
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is tailored to the needs of the children in our community
- provide opportunities to learn in a wide range of contexts and settings, making the most our community and the wider world
- enable our children to have the confidence to be inquisitive young people and ignite a lifelong love of learning
- celebrate children’s achievements in all aspects of their lives
- foster a can do attitude where children are keen problem solvers and willing to take risks
- celebrate diversity in all aspects of life, promoting inclusivity in all that we do
- encourage caring and thoughtful attitudes
- nurture confidence, resilience and independence
- empower pupils to make informed decisions and choices
- provide a broad range of opportunities to promote a healthy lifestyle that considers and supports physical and mental well being
- ensure children are safe internet users in our every growing digital world
- encourage children to become responsible citizens in their immediate and wider community
Welcome from our Head Pupils
We are the Head Pupils of Coxhoe Primary School.
At this amazing school, we value the importance of our positive relationships that are based on mutual respect. Another important reason why Coxhoe Primary School is the best, is that it is welcoming and inspiring for all. We also have amazing staff - they always make us laugh and we know that when we are happy we learn best. In addition, the staff are trustworthy and reliable and we always know that we are safe. We often go on outstanding school trips to different places.
Some of the things that we think make Coxhoe School amazing:
- Art days
- Castle Team challenges
- School trips
- Sporting events
We hope that you find our welcome helpful - Tia, Jack, Alesha and Leo.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Easter Crafts Afternoon (more information to follow)01Apr2020
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Easter Crafts Afternoon (more information to follow)02Apr2020
12:00 am - 1:00 am
- Awards Assembly02Apr2020
9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Class 4 Bake Sale03Apr2020
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- Easter School Holidays Begin06Apr2020
9:00 am - 10:00 am